Thursday, July 14, 2011

Summer is half way over

I can't believe my summer is half way over....

Just yesterday we were getting out of school, and in a few weeks we will be starting all over again.  I always have mixed emotions about this time of the year.  I love being home, sleeping in, staying in my jammies until about 30 minutes before Chad gets home from work, and vegging out on tv and and facebook.  I dislike listening to my girls fight over silly little things, no adult interaction until evening and the hot, summer heat.  So, all of this has me thinking of new ideas in teaching, and how am I going to start my classroom designed and organized. 

I have started my shopping already with a new collapsible basket from Home Depot, though I don't know what I am going to use it for.  I am using an awesome organization idea shared by Brooke Woods.  I loved the shelves she found with the cute fabric bins.  I have the shelves, just need to purchase the bins.  Home Depot has some by Martha Stewart.  I will be purchasing those in a couple of days. 

I am trying to decide how my classroom is going be organized, for classroom discussions, desk work and stations.  I want my classroom to be tidy with good flow, but also be inviting and fun to be in.  Sometimes 4 walls can be so limiting.  With that in mind, I am going to have to start weeding stuff out that I don't or haven't used in a year.  I may need to hire Brooke to help me toss those items.  She is not the hoarder that I have become.  LOL!  :-)

So as I fall asleep at night, my mind soars with thoughts.  I suppose to get things done on time, without having to rush, I am going to start going to school once or twice a week starting next week.  I don't want to, but I need too.  I want to be ready for my 20+ first graders that I will have next year. 

1 comment:

  1. I am all over your organization dreams! Let's trade-your awesome idea finding and I will make it all look pretty:)

    ReplyDelete